Borrowing Items From the Library
Fine Free Summer: June 1 to August 31
The Library would like to help you during these tough times by going fine free this summer. Books, CDs, DVDs, video games and audiobooks will not incur fines. Normal checkout periods still apply, but if you keep your items a little longer, try to return them in a timely manner so that others may enjoy them. Please note, this does not apply to existing fines, lost or damaged items, or the GoGo Gadgets collection.
|ITEM||DUE DATE||CHECK OUT LIMIT||OVERDUE FINES||RENEWABLE?|
|Audiobooks||21 days||Unlimited||$1.00/day||Twice, if no holds|
|BluRays & DVDs, New||7 days||Unlimited||$1.00/day||Twice, if no holds|
|BluRays & DVDs||21 days||Unlimited||$1.00/day||Twice, if no holds|
|CDs||21 days||Unlimited||10 cents/day||Twice, if no holds|
|Hot Flicks||5 days||Unlimited||$1.00/day||No|
|TV Series||21 days||Unlimited||$1.00/day||Twice, if no holds|
|Video Games||21 days||Unlimited||$1.00/day||Twice, if no holds|
|Books||21 days||Unlimited||10 cents/day||Twice, if no holds|
|Hot Picks||7 days||Unlimited||10 cents/day||No|
|Magazines||21 days||Unlimited||10 cents/day||Twice, if no holds|
|Devices||21 days||1||$1.00/day||Once, if no holds|
|eAudiobooks||7, 14 or 21 days||Varies with platform||No||Varies with platform|
|eBooks||7, 14 or 21 days||Varies with platform||No||Varies with platform|
- Damaged or Lost Item – Cost of item
This list does not cover all fines and fees. Please contact the Library for specific questions.
You can pay fees and fines via the Library’s catalog:
- Go to My Account.
- From the My Account menu at the top, choose Fines and Fees.
- When prompted, type in your library card # and PIN.
- Click the checkbox next to the fines you’d like to pay, then click Pay Fines Now.
- You will be redirected to the Illinois State Treasurer’s office E-Pay site. From here, you can choose your payment method: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover, and follow the simple steps.
When your reserved items become available, you will be notified by phone, email or text notification, depending on how you selected to be notified. You will have five days to pick up your items. The Holds Shelves are located across from the Check-Out Desk. Items are arranged alphabetically by last name.
If you are picking up holds for another family member, a note must be added to all family accounts so staff can check out the material(s) requested when picking up available holds.
- Online: www.plainfieldpubliclibrary.org, go to My Account/Items Out
- By phone: 815-436-6639 during business hours or 24/7: 815-740-0978
- Via email, if you sign up for email notification of notices or you can send an email to: email@example.com
- Via text, if you sign up for text notification or by texting the keyword “askppl” to 66746
- In person
The outside book return is located on the west side of the building entrance. It is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Items may also be returned at the book returns inside the Library at the top of the stairs on the left.