Borrowing Items From the Library
|ITEM||DUE DATE||CHECK OUT LIMIT||OVERDUE FINES||RENEWABLE?|
|Audiobooks||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|BluRays & DVDs, New||7 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|BluRays & DVDs||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|CDs||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|Hot Flicks||5 days||Unlimited||No||No|
|TV Series||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|Video Games||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|Books||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|Hot Picks||7 days||Unlimited||No||No|
|Magazines||21 days||Unlimited||No||Twice, if no holds|
|eAudiobooks||7, 14 or 21 days||Varies with platform||No||Varies with platform|
|eBooks||7, 14 or 21 days||Varies with platform||No||Varies with platform|
*except Hotspots, Kindles and Rokus are 21 days.
|7 days||1||$1.00/day||Once, if no holds|
- Damaged or Lost Item – Cost of item
This list does not cover all fines and fees. Please contact the Library for specific questions.
You can pay fees and fines via the Library’s catalog:
- Go to My Account.
- From the My Account menu at the top, choose Fines and Fees.
- When prompted, type in your library card # and PIN.
- Click the checkbox next to the fines you’d like to pay, then click Pay Fines Now.
- You will be redirected to the Illinois State Treasurer’s office E-Pay site. From here, you can choose your payment method: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover, and follow the simple steps.
When your reserved items become available, you will be notified by phone, email or text notification, depending on how you selected to be notified. You will have five days to pick up your items. Where to pick up holds:
- Holds Shelves – located across from the Check-Out Desk. Items are arranged alphabetically by last name. Please ask for DVDs/Blu-rays at the Desk. (Currently unavailable due to COVID-19)
- Curbside Pickup – look for the designated parking spaces on the north side of the building. Visit our Curbside Pickup page for more information on how the process works.
If you are picking up holds for another family member, a note must be added to all family accounts so staff can check out the material(s) requested when picking up available holds.
- Online: www.plainfieldpubliclibrary.org, go to My Account/Items Out
- By phone: 815-436-6639 during business hours or 24/7: 815-740-0978
- Via email, if you sign up for email notification of notices or you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via text, if you sign up for text notification or by texting the keyword “askppl” to 66746
- In person
The outside book return is located on the west side of the building entrance. It is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Items may also be returned at the book returns inside the Library at the top of the stairs on the left.