The Library currently has
one job opening.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Plainfield Public Library District.
Please check back often for future available opportunities.
Do you have great attention to detail, enjoy keeping things in order and a passion for the service side of technical services? Under the general supervision of the Technical Services Supervisor, the cataloger participates in technical service and materials management activities throughout the library. Under the supervision of the Head of Technical Services, you will perform duties related to the acquiring, processing and cataloging of materials, ensuring that library materials are accessible in the catalog and for patron checkout.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Copy cataloging and data entry
- Adding library’s holdings to consortium records, in accordance with local and consortium practice.
- Searching the OCLC database and importing records to the catalog
- Assigning call numbers in accordance with local practice.
- Basic material repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent with two years copy cataloging experience OR LTA certificate
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to push a fully loaded book cart
This is a full-time non-exempt position, 40 hours per week, scheduled Monday – Friday, between 9 am – 5 pm with some flexibility. Compensation begins at $15.70 per hour plus IMRF and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Plainfield Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email application, cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 18, 2019
For full job description, click here.
For application, click here.