The Library currently has
1 job opening.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Plainfield Public Library District.
Please check back often for future available opportunities.
JOB TITLE: Youth Services Librarian
The Plainfield Public Library District is seeking a friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, librarian to join the forward-thinking, highly team-oriented Youth Services Department. This position is responsible for children’s programming and collection development for grade school aged children, as well as providing excellent customer service to patrons of all ages. Experience working with children’s performers a plus. Applicants invited for interviews will be asked to demonstrate abilities.
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory services
- Collection development with a special focus on juvenile literature
- Plan, develop and present programs for grade school aged children
- Updating assigned areas of the website and posting to social media
- Creating and marketing library resources through electronic and print presentations
- Participation in professional development activities and continuing education opportunities to continually develop skills, abilities and knowledge
- Representing the library at community events
- ALA/MLS degree
- One year of experience working with children
- Ability to empathize and relate to the needs of all patrons, especially children and their caregivers
- Knowledge of the theories of child development and literacy
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- The ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends. Compensation begins at $45,510.00 plus IMRF and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Plainfield Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For complete job description, click here.
For job application, click here.
Please send completed job application, cover letter and résumé with customer service philosophy to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: Preference given to applications received by June 1