The Library currently has one job opening.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Plainfield Public Library District.
Please check back often for future available opportunities.
Part Time Technical Services Librarian
16 Hours/Week. Hours will be scheduled Mon-Fri, between 9am-9pm with some flexibility.
$20-23/hr depending on qualifications
The Plainfield Public Library District is seeking an innovative, detail oriented, and customer service driven member to join the Technical Services department. This position, along with the Technical Services department, engages in materials management activities throughout the library, with a focus on patron access and customer service.
Under the supervision of the Head of Technical Services, this position is responsible for original and copy cataloging and assigning classification numbers to library materials in English and other languages. This position ensures that library materials are accessible via the online library catalog and findable for customers.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Performs original and complex copy cataloging in English and foreign languages
- Assign call numbers in accordance with local practice
- Apply current national, consortial and local cataloging rules, standards, and practices
- Assists in special cataloging, record cleanup, reclassification, and re-packaging projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in library science from ALA-accredited institution preferred
OR LTA certificate with five years library cataloging experience
Currently enrolled MLIS students strongly encouraged to apply
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to push a fully loaded book cart
Located in the southwest suburbs and bordered by Naperville and Joliet, Plainfield Public Library District serves 75,000 people across five different communities in the historic downtown Plainfield.
The Plainfield Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email application, cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 26, 2020
For application, click here.
For full job description, click here.