Friends of the Plainfield Public Library
Please join us – we’re the Friends of the Plainfield Public Library, a non-profit group of citizens interested in helping the Plainfield Public Library expand its services to the community.
We support programs and purchase equipment that the library could not otherwise afford on its regular budget and work to maintain active and visible support of the Plainfield Public Library through community activities.
The Friends assist in the promotion of library services and facilities and many of our members contribute their time to the library by serving as volunteers.
We conduct used book sales and other activities to raise money for equipment, programs and help support the building fund.
If you are interested in the Plainfield Public Library, enjoy using it and appreciate the rich variety of resources it offers you, join us in supporting it and helping it grow. New members are always welcome!
The Friends of the Plainfield Library is a volunteer organization that works locally to promote the goals, objectives, services and resources of the Plainfield Public Library District.
The Friends of the Plainfield Public Library work to:
- bring together individuals interested in the Plainfield Public Library.
- promote public awareness and informed community interest in the Library and its resources.
- build long-term support for the Library facilities and programs.
What do Friends do?
- serve as community advocates for the Library
- support volunteerism on behalf of the Library
- conduct used book sales and other fundraising events
- underwrite special library programs for children, teens and adults
What do Friends need?
- Membership – members who would like to be actively involved in helping meet the Friends’ organization’s mission
- Volunteers – members’ time and participation for library programs, Friends’ events and Foundation fundraisers
- Donations – membership dues to support the Friends’ mission, books to support book sales, etc.
Board Meeting Minutes