EDUCATE – CAPTIVATE – CONNECT
- The Library strives to educate the community through raising awareness of all that it offers.
- Captivating the attention of individuals happens by connecting with materials, technology, and programs – there is truly something for everyone at the Library.
- The Library connects by making access easy and growing in a sustainable way.
We strive to educate, inform, entertain, and culturally enrich our community.
The Library’s mission states what the Library will do to achieve its vision. Carrying out the mission is an ongoing process that promotes lifelong learning, civic participation, the joy of reading, and cultural understanding. All library services and programs connect to the mission and the work of staff helps the Library advance this mission every day.
About Our Library
The Plainfield Public Library District serves a population of 75,337 in the Village of Plainfield, unincorporated Plainfield Township, and portions of unincorporated Wheatland Township, the Village of Bolingbrook in Wheatland Township, and Village of Romeoville in Plainfield Township.
In Fiscal Year 2020, the Plainfield Public Library District served the community with:
- 506,179 items checked out
- 27,063 questions answered
- 48,630 attended a program
- 13,171 sessions on public computers
- 37,524 active library cards
We are pleased to share our annual report, covering the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
This report highlights how the Library’s programs and services support our mission statement and goals. Explore how the Library strives to educate, inform, entertain and culturally enrich our community. View the full FY 19-20 Annual Report here.
By contrast, in Fiscal Year 2003:
- 310,409 items checked out
- 26,809 questions answered
- 9,085 attended a program
- 16,401 active library cards
To learn more about the Library’s plans for the years to come, please visit our Library’s Future page.