What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Artificial intelligence (AI) simulates human intelligence in machines programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions rather than have real natural intelligence.
- AI may also apply to machines showing traits linked with the human mind like learning and problem-solving.
- AI comes in several types defined by the imbedded level of intelligence in AI machines.
- Some other terms used in place of artificial intelligence are machine learning, knowledge engineering, or neural network.
- A wide-reaching term, Artificial Intelligence points to robots, bots, chatbots, and others. Three types of artificial intelligence (AI) currently exist: narrow or weak AI, general or strong AI, and artificial superintelligence.
- We already use AI and machine learning in our everyday activities: for example, Google search and maps, smart home devices, chatbots, mobile check deposits, social media, e-payments and autocorrect, and more.
What Does Machine Learning do?
- Machine learning uses algorithms to parse data, learn from that data, and make informed decisions based on what it has learned.
- Deep learning, a subset of machine learning, structures layered algorithms that create “artificial neural networks” that can learn and make intelligent decisions on their own, imitating the workings of the human brain in processing data and creating patterns for use in decision making. It is also known as deep neural learning or deep neural network.
- The Alignment Problem: machine learning and human values by Brian Christian (available in print)
- Artificial Intelligence : a guide for thinking humans by Melanie Mitchell (available in print)
- Deep Learning by John Mueller (available in print)
- The fourth age : smart robots, conscious computers, and the future of humanity by Byron Reese (available in print)
- A Human Algorithm : how artificial intelligence is redefining who we are by Flynn Coleman (available in print)
- Human Compatible : artificial intelligence and the problem of control by Stuart J. Russell (available in print)
- A Human’s Guide to Machine Intelligence : how algorithms are shaping our lives and how we can stay in control by Kartik Hosanagar (available in print)
- Possible Minds : twenty-five ways of looking at AI by John Brockman, ed. (available in print)
- Reprogramming the American dream : from rural America to Silicon Valley–making AI serve us all by Kevin Scott and Greg Shaw (available in print)
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence by Micah L. Issitt (available in print)
- AIEthecist.org A global repository of reference & research material for those interested in on-going discussions on AI ethics and how individuals and society are impacted by AI.
- AI Now Institute Part of New York University, it focuses on the implications of artificial intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence: Organizations and Websites Organizations and websites about AI.
- EMERJ The AI Research and Advisory Company Their goal is to design and develop AI strategies.
- Machine Intelligence Research Institute It’s goal is to make sure that AI has a positive impact, and it does so by using mathematical theory of trustworthy reasoning for advanced autonomous AI systems.
- OpenAI An intelligence and research lab, its goal is to make sure everyone can benefit from AI.
- Organization for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence A nonprofit scientific society, it is focused on the advancement of scientific understanding of the mechanisms underpinning thought and intelligent behavior and how that is presented and reflected in machines.
- AI With AI
- AI with Lex Fridman
- AI Today Podcast: Artificial Intelligence Insights, Experts, and Opinion
- Mind and Machine
- AI Automation in 2021: CX Today Expert Round Table
- Convening AI and Electric Power: A Virtual Roundtable (hosted March 18, 2021)
- Northeast 2021 Roundtable Series: Innovate your Citizen Engagement With Conversational AI
- 6 Big Ethical Questions About the Future of AI
- Artificial Intelligence : Discover the latest collection of talks and videos on Artificial Intelligence from industry experts
- The Danger of AI is Weirder than You Think
- How Does Artificial Intelligence Learn?
- How Does the Brain Work?
- The Incredible Inventions of Intuitive AI
- 5 reasons AI isn’t being adopted at your organization (and how to fix it)
- 5 ways Artificial Intelligence software will change the future of business
- 8 Helpful Everyday Examples of Artificial Intelligence
- 9 Powerful Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Use Today
- 10 Artificial Intelligence Statistics You Need to Know in 2021 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 55 Fascinating AI Statistics and Trends for 2021
- 100 Artificial Intelligence Statistics For 2021: The Ultimate List
- 131 Myth-Busting Statistics on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in 2021
- 2021: The Year of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence
- AI applications across major industries
- AI predictions 2021
- AI use, adoption gains momentum with enterprise amid pandemic – 451 survey
- Artificial Intelligence (Investopedia)
- Artificial Intelligence (NIST: National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Artificial Intelligence : What is Artificial Intelligence? How does AI work?
- Artificial Intelligence: What it is and why it matters
- Artificial intelligence 101 for associations
- Artificial Intelligence For Good: How AI Is Helping Humanity
- Artificial Intelligence in 2021: Current and Future Trends
- Artificial Intelligence in 2021: Endless opportunities and growth
- Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, and AI in Healthcare in 2021
- Everyday Examples of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Nonprofits
- How to explain machine learning in plain English
- An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Jon Fasoli of Intuit: AI and Automation Allow SMBs to Focus on Creating Opportunities, Not Mundane Tasks
- Machine Learning Adoption Rates Around the World
- Survey: Pandemic Accelerating AI Adoption
- These five AI developments will shape 2021 and beyond
- What are the 3 types of AI?
- What AI still can’t do
- What is Artificial Intelligence? (Brookings)