Movies & More
The Library Collection
The Library collects popular films, documentaries, and instructional audiovisual materials in a variety of formats for children, teens and adults. Check out and borrowing limits for DVDs, Blu-rays and Rokus vary based on whether an item is new and the format.
Adult DVD and Blu-rays
- Adult popular films and televisions shows are organized alphabetically by title and are shelved on the north side of the upper level next to the Check Out Desk
- Documentaries, biographies, concerts, exercise, yoga, etc. are assigned Dewey Decimal numbers and shelved along with books on the same topic in the Non-Fiction area
- Having trouble locating these items? Please speak to the staff at the Reference Desk for assistance
DVDs and Blu-rays for Children and Teens
- DVDs for children and teens are located on the lower level
New DVDs and Blu-rays
The Library purchases new movies monthly, often in multiple copies for hot new releases. Even so, it is hard to keep up with demand. The easiest way to ensure your receipt of a new release is to place it on hold in the Pinnacle catalog. If you need help placing holds, please contact the Reference Desk or call the Library at 815-327-2515.
The Library produces a monthly email newsletter informing you about new DVDs. You can sign up for this online.
Streaming Movies with Rokus
- You check out one of five Roku 1s or one of five Roku Streaming Sticks with your library card for three weeks
- Each device is preloaded with more than 100 streaming movies
- The Roku 1s at the Check Out Desk feature films for adults
- The Roku Sticks in Youth Services feature family films
- Set-up takes a few quick steps – all you need is an HDMI compatible TV and a WiFi connection
- Interested? Place a hold on a Roku in the catalog
- Find out more about how to use the Roku 1
- Check out the collection of movies can watch on the Rokus
The Screening Room Blog
If you are passionate about movies, visit this fun and informative blog featuring film reviews and recommendations written by Library staff members.