A Novel Idea
A book discussion for adults featuring thought-provoking titles with the goal of stimulating a spirited discussion. Meetings will be on the second Thursday at 7:00 pm and third Wednesday at 2:00 pm of every month. The same title will be discussed at both meetings; come to the meeting which is most convenient for you. Stop by the Reference Desk to pick up the featured book and come to either discussion to get the next month’s title. Anyone with a library card may join the group.
January’s title: Dear Mrs. Bird by A.J. Pearce
An adventurous young woman takes a typist job to assist the war effort and lands in the employ of a renowned advice columnist before she begins secretly replying to heart-wrenching letters rejected as unsuitable.
Meets the second Thursday and third Wednesday of every month. Monthly selections subject to change.
- February 13 & 19: Dear Mrs. Bird by A.J. Pearce
- March 12 & 18: The Guest Book by Sarah Blake
- April 9 & 15: The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- May 14 & 20: The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth
- June 11 & 17: Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
- July 9 & 15: The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves
- August 13 & 19: Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- September 10 & 16: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- October 8 & 21: The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- November 12 & 18: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- December 10 & 16: Book Club Party