Library Reopening Plans
We are excited to welcome you back to the Library with limited hours and services.
Priority Hours for Seniors:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10:00 to 11:00 am
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer often. Sanitizer will be available in the Library.
- No food or drink allowed. Please note, the water fountains will be unavailable.
- 20 visitors will be allowed in the Library at one time. Restriction on the number of patrons on each floor at one time will also be in place.
- Under the age of 12 will require an adult.
- Furniture and tables have been removed or spaced out to help maintain social distancing.
- Elevators are limited to two people or one family at a time.
- Restrooms are limited to 2 people at at time.
- Meeting and study rooms are unavailable for public use.
- Limited computers will be available by reservation only. Call 815.327.2515 to make a reservation.
- Curbside Pickup of materials and printing:
- Monday-Thursday: 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Friday-Saturday: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- External book returns are open. We have added an additional return (yellow bin) near Curbside Pickup.
- New virtual programming added weekly for all ages. Check our Events Calendar often.
- Home Delivery will continue to make contactless deliveries.
- Youth Services will be putting together Travel Kits and Grab Bags based on your likes for pickup at Curbside.
- Personalized Picks will continue – fill out a form of your likes and dislikes and the Reference Staff will pull some recommendations for you to pick up at curbside.
- Wi-Fi will be accessible from our parking lot.
- Streaming and downloadable collections, including books, movies and music are all accessible from home computers and devices.
We look forward to seeing you at the Library!