Short Story Contest
The Plainfield Public Library is proud to announce the annual
Short Story Contest for Grades 3-5
2018 Rules and Guidelines
These are the rules you must follow:
- The writing contest is open to anyone in 3rd, 4th or 5th grade and begins on December 11, 2017.
- Story length is to be 500-600 words long.
- Include a title, as well as your name, grade, the school you attend and your parents’ phone number.
- Submissions must be a Word document.
- Submit your entry via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59pm on January 24, 2018.
- This is your story and it can be humor, mystery, fantasy, science fiction or anything you want, but it MUST BE YOUR OWN CREATION.
- Be sure to proofread your work and check for correct spelling and grammar.
- Contact Ms Jodie in Youth Services with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A first, second and third place winner will be chosen from three divisions: Third Grade, Fourth Grade, and Fifth Grade. Winners will be chosen by author Chris Rylander. Stories will be judged on creativity and writing skill.
Winners will be announced at the Short Story Contest Award Ceremony and Author Talk on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 10am. All writers and their families and friends are invited to attend. Each winning writer will be invited to a meet and greet with Chris Rylander (same day from 11:00-11:30am). Winning stories will be printed in the Plainfield Public Library Short Story Journal for Grades 3-5. This publication will be distributed to all elementary school media centers in District 202.