**We have received a small number of Federal and State tax forms. Please contact the Reference Desk at 815-327-2515 or by email at email@example.com if you would like more information about our current supply of forms.**
You can print forms directly from the Illinois Department of Revenue and IRS’s websites or staff at the Reference & Reader Services Desk can print forms upon request and get them to you through curbside pick-up. Printing is 10 cents/page for black and white.
Federal taxes are now due on May 17, 2021.
Update (3/18): Gov. Pritzker announced that his administration is extending the individual income tax filing and payment deadline from April 15 to May 17, 2021.
- Form 1040 – U.S. Individual Income
- Instructions 1040
- Form 1040 ES – Estimated Tax for Individuals
- Schedule 1 – Additional Income & Adjustments
- Schedule 2 – Tax (Additional Taxes)
- Schedule 3 – Non-Refundable Credits
- Schedule 4 – Other Taxes
- Schedule 5 – Other Payments and Refundable Credits
- Schedule 6 – Foreign Address and Third-Party Designee
- More forms
- IL 1040 – Individual Income Tax Return
- IL 1040 Instructions – Instructions to complete 1040
- Schedule ICR – Illinois Exemption and Earned Income Credit
- Schedule M – Other Additions and Subtractions
- Estimated tax – Estimated taxes for 2021
- More forms
Free Online Tax Services: are available for basic tax returns. Visit the website you prefer to prepare and file your return.
- H & R Block
- Myfreetaxes (partnership of United Way and H & R Block)
In-Person Tax Assistance
- Ladder Up (Tax Assistance Program): offers free electronic preparation and filing of individual income tax returns to help clients access critical tax refunds. This program will be in Chicago and Springfield only this year. Call 312-588-6900 or visit GoLadderUp.org.
- Senior Services of Will County: Each year in partnership with AARP and the Internal Revenue Service, Senior Services offers free tax preparation assistance at The Center as well as a number of community locations. This is a seasonal service beginning January 31, 2021 and continues through the IRS deadline. Appointments are required. Call 815-723-9713 or visit Senior Services of Will County.