Tax Information & Forms
The IRS and IL Department of Revenue will only be sending a few select forms for physical distribution. Call the Reference Desk at 815-327-2515 to find out which forms we carry. If we do not have the form you need, here are other ways to obtain them:
- Download and print forms from the IL Department of Revenue and IRS’ websites.
- Stop at the Reference Desk and staff can print the forms you need. Printing is 10 cents per page.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 if you would like to order forms, instructions or publications by mail.
- Order forms online to be delivered by mail.
Below you’ll find links to the most requested forms:
- 1040: U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- 1040 Instructions
- 1040 (Schedule A): Itemized Deductions
- 1040 (Schedule B): Interest and Ordinary Dividents
- 1040 (Schedule C): Profit or Loss From Business
- 1040 (Schedule D): Capital Gains and Loses
- 1040 (Schedule 1): Additional Income and Adjustments to Income
- 1040 (Schedule 2): Additional Taxes
- 1040 (Schedule 3): Additional Credits and Payments
- 1040 ES: Estimated Tax for Individuals
- More forms
- IL-1040: Individual Income Tax Return
- IL-1040: Instr. IL-1040 Instructions
- Schedule ICR: Illinois Credits Instructions
- IL-1040-ES: Estimated Income Tax Payments for Individuals
- More forms
Tax Preparation Help
- Ladder Up: offers free electronic preparation and e-filing of individual income tax returns for Chicago-area taxpayers at the Plainfield Township Community Center February to April. Please visit the Ladder Up website or call 312-588-6900 for eligibility and details. Ladder Up Flyer.
- Senior Services of Will County: each year in partnership with AARP and the Internal Revenue Service, Senior Services offers free tax preparation assistance at The Center as well as a number of community locations. This is a seasonal service beginning January 31 and continues through the IRS deadline. Appointments are required. Visit the Senior Services website or call 815-723-9713 for details.