Tax Information & Forms
Update: U.S. Postpones April 15 Tax Payments for 90 Days for Most Americans
Coronavirus disruption prompts tax agency to extend deadline, waive interest and penalties.
The IRS and IL Department of Revenue will only be sending a few select forms for physical distribution. Call the Reference Desk at 815-327-2515 to find out which forms we carry. If we do not have the form you need, here are other ways to obtain them:
- Download and print forms from the IL Department of Revenue and IRS’ websites.
- Stop at the Reference Desk and staff can print the forms you need. Printing is 10 cents per page.
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 if you would like to order forms, instructions or publications by mail.
- Order forms online to be delivered by mail.
Below you’ll find links to the most requested forms:
- 1040: U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- 1040 Instructions
- 1040 (Schedule A): Itemized Deductions
- 1040 (Schedule B): Interest and Ordinary Dividents
- 1040 (Schedule C): Profit or Loss From Business
- 1040 (Schedule D): Capital Gains and Loses
- 1040 (Schedule 1): Additional Income and Adjustments to Income
- 1040 (Schedule 2): Additional Taxes
- 1040 (Schedule 3): Additional Credits and Payments
- 1040 ES: Estimated Tax for Individuals
- More forms
- IL-1040: Individual Income Tax Return
- IL-1040: Instr. IL-1040 Instructions
- Schedule ICR: Illinois Credits Instructions
- IL-1040-ES: Estimated Income Tax Payments for Individuals
- More forms
Tax Preparation Help
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program: Tax-Aide sites are open February 1 through April 15, 2020. To find a location near you, please visit the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Site Locator and enter your zip code to start your search.
- Ladder Up: offers free electronic preparation and e-filing of individual income tax returns for Chicago-area taxpayers at the Plainfield Township Community Center February to April. Please visit the Ladder Up website or call 312-588-6900 for eligibility and details. Ladder Up Flyer.
- Senior Services of Will County: each year in partnership with AARP and the Internal Revenue Service, Senior Services offers free tax preparation assistance at The Center as well as a number of community locations. This is a seasonal service beginning January 31 and continues through the IRS deadline. Appointments are required. Visit the Senior Services website or call 815-723-9713 for details.