Where to Register to Vote
Remember two forms of identification are necessary when registering – one must show current name, address and proof of age.
- In person at the Plainfield Library through Tuesday, October 9.
- Online using the Illinois Online Voter Registration Application Website through Sunday, October 21.
How to Vote
- Early voting is available at Village Hall for Village of Plainfield and Plainfield Township residents. See schedule for dates and hours.
- In person at your polling location on election day.
- By mail.
- Grace period voting for individuals who were unable to register to vote or change their address prior to the close of registration (28 days prior to an election).
For Will County, Voter Services are available through the County Clerk’s Office.
- Voter Lookup to find out if you are registered to vote.
- Polling Location Lookup to find out where to vote on election day.
- Sample Ballot Lookup to see what your ballot will look like on election day.
Learn About the Issues
- theskimm – breaks down the issues from each side and discusses the role of elected representatives.
- Project Vote Smart – info on your representatives, including biographies, voting records and issue positions.
- iCitizen – interactive, accessible app that lets you follow issues, tells you where candidates stand–and lets you tell them how you feel.
- ProCon.org – nonpartisan resource for pro, con, and related research on controversial issues.