Will County: Preserving History’s Heritage
The Plainfield Public Library, in conjunction with the Plainfield Historical Society, Shorewood-Troy Public Library and Will County Recorder of Deeds, have digitized historical records via a grant obtained through the Illinois State Library’s Library Services and Technology Act.
Digitized items include:
- Grantor/Grantee indexes from the Will County Recorder’s office representing all property transactions for Will County from 1835-1885
- The Combination Atlas Map of Will County 1873
- The Combination Atlas Map of Will County 1909
- Plainfield Township Cemetery Database 1836-2000
- Plainfield Enterprise Obituary Database 1893-present
- Shorewood Sentinel Newspapers April-July 1962
- Historic photos from the Miles V. Hartong Collection at the Plainfield Historical Society
The information has been added to a fully-searchable online database along with the original digital images and is now available on the Will County: Preserving History’s Heritage website.
WCPHH images on Flickr
Several of these collections are also available to view on Flickr: