Computers and Technology
Computers and Printing
There are 12 Windows 10 computers for adults on the upper level and 15 computers for kids under 18, available on the lower level in the Youth Services Department.
- You must have a Library card to use a computer
- Computer sessions automatically default to one hour, with the option to extend for an additional hour at a time.
- Non-library cardholders are welcome to use the Express Station for one 15-minute session per day
- Children under age 11 must be under the direct supervision of an adult while accessing the internet
- Earbuds may be purchased for $2.00 each and USB drives may be purchased for $10.00 each
- Each Windows PCs has access four USB ports and a single read-only CD/DVD drive
Printing costs 10 cents a side in black & white and 50 cents a side in color. Printers accept change (no pennies), $1 and $5 bills, as well as credit cards (Visa or Mastercard). You can also use any money stored on your library card to pay for prints.
Wireless Access (WiFi) and Printing
The Library offers free wireless internet access. Wireless printing at the regular printing fees is also available. Go to http://www.printeron.net/plainfieldpl/webprint to learn how to print at the Library from your laptop or home computer.
The Library offers self-serve access to black & white and color copying on both floors of the building. Black & white copies are 10 cents a side. Color copies are 50 cents a side.
A microfilm reader/printer is located on the upper level of the Library. You can save digital images to the computer, email or USB drives. Printing from the microfilm reader costs 10 cents a side for black & white copies and 50 cents a side for color copies.
Self-Serve Scanner and Fax
From this station, located adjacent to the Reference Desk on the upper level, you can scan a document and do five basic things:
- Scan to Fax ($1.00 per page)
- Scan to Google Drive
- Scan to Email
- Scan to a USB Drive
- Scan to a Smartphone/tablet
You may save the document you are scanning in any one of the following file formats:
- Searchable .pdf
- Word .doc
If you have any questions, please ask for help at the Reference Desk.