Computers and Technology
Computers and Printing
There are 12 Windows 7 computers for adults on the upper level and 15 computers for kids under 18, available on the lower level in the Youth Services Department.
- You must have a Library card to use a computer
- You may have up to three 60-minute computer sessions per day, depending upon computer availability
- Non-library cardholders are welcome to use the Express Station for one 15-minute session per day
- Children under age 11 must be under the direct supervision of an adult while accessing the internet
- Earbuds may be purchased for $2.00 each and USB drives may be purchased for $10.00 each
- Each Windows PCs has access four USB ports and a single read-only CD/DVD drive
- Mini Macs have access to a single USB port
Printing costs 10 cents a side in black & white and 50 cents a side in color. You may pay for print jobs with:
- Change (no pennies)
- Currency ($1 or $5 bills)
- Money stored on your Library card
- Credit/debit cards (Visa or MasterCard)
Wireless Access (WiFi) and Printing
The Library offers free wireless internet access. Wireless printing at the regular printing fees is also available. Go to http://www.printeron.net/plainfieldpl/webprint to learn how to print at the Library from your laptop or home computer.
The Library offers self-serve access to black & white and color copying on both floors of the building. Black & white copies are 10 cents a side. Color copies are 50 cents a side.
A microfilm reader/printer is located on the upper level of the Library. You can save digital images to the computer, email or USB drives. Printing from the microfilm reader costs 10 cents a side for black & white copies and 50 cents a side for color copies.
Self-Serve Scanner and Fax
From this station, located adjacent to the Reference Desk on the upper level, you can scan a document and do five basic things:
- Scan to Fax ($1.00 per page)
- Scan to Google Drive
- Scan to Email
- Scan to a USB Drive
- Scan to a Smartphone/tablet
You may save the document you are scanning in any one of the following file formats:
- Searchable .pdf
- Word .doc
If you have any questions, please ask for help at the Reference Desk.