Home Delivery & Senior Resources
We provide delivery of materials such as books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs to Plainfield Library cardholders who are unable to physically come to the Library.
- Home delivery is offered as an ongoing service or temporarily according to your needs.
- To receive books and other library materials, you must have a Plainfield Library card.
- New baby? We understand that this is a very special—and busy—time, so we offer our home delivery service to help assist you too.
- You will receive a phone call before the materials are delivered, as well as a reminder call before they are picked up.
- Materials will be delivered in a weatherproof library bag and will be dropped off at your premises if you are not available at the time of delivery. Please put materials in the same bag for pick up.
Please contact Judi Deszcz, Home Delivery Coordinator, at 815-582-7696 or email@example.com to sign up for home delivery.
Memory Kits (coming soon)
For people with memory loss, traumatic brain damage, or suffering a stroke, a Memory Kit can provide meaningful mental and emotional stimulation and activities to enhance well-being. At the same time, they can also help alleviate stress for caregivers who are looking for rewarding and fulfilling activities for their loved ones.
These kits are designed to be used to encourage and stimulate conversation, memories and recollection, and build stronger connections. A remembered moment from the past can be such a gift as memory loss progresses. The Library has a number of Memory Kits available for check out (coming soon) for three weeks. Examples of kit themes include:
- Cats and dogs
- Great outdoors
- And more…
Memory Kits will be available to check out soon.
Senior Resources at the Library and Beyond
If you have questions about Library services or resources for seniors, please contact the Reference and Reader Services Department at 815-327-2515 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alzheimer’s Association
- ASGCLA's Alzheimer's and Related Dementias Interest Group (IGARD)
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Dementias (NIH)
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- Dementia Blog by AARP
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Alzheimer’s Disease and Healthy Aging
- Timbers of Shorewood Caregiver Support Group